Search This Blog

Friday, January 9, 2015

Horus Heresy Project: Emperor's Children Troops

I’ve been putting some consistence work into my Horus Heresy era Emperor’s Children Legion over the last month and a half. I had some basic ideas of where I wanted to go with this army since in playing a Legion Astartes list you have an army capable of being fielded in many different ways. In a previous article I showed off some of the assembly steps and prototype paint scheme. I have neared completion of my first 10 marines wielding bolters. As my army progresses I want to make it more of a mid-range/assault based army. Eventually I want to field my Primarch Fulgrim and he is built for close quarters fighting. Units that I am in process of building are assault marines and Kakophani.
 

 
 
I really like the Liche Purple scheme washed with Leviathan Purple. It slightly differs from the Forge World guidelines which call for Hormagaunt Purple. After I get all the paint down I apply my decals. The use of Microsol has helped with application. It softens the decal allowing it to attach to the curved surfaces of the pauldrons easier. Just brush on a thin layer right before setting the wet decal on the surface. Soak up the excess while positioning the decal where you want it and voila!
 
 
Microsol used in conjunction with waterslide transfers saves on much frustration!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment