Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Horus Heresy Project: Ancient Rylanor Completed


After many long weeks I have finally finished my Emperor's Children Rylanor the Unyielding. You can check out my original post here:

http://fulgrimsstage.blogspot.com/2015/03/horus-heresy-project-ancient-rylanor-in.html

I truly enjoyed building and painting this model. The Contemptor Dreadnought is one of my favorite models and the Emperor's Children variant is one of the most detailed. Rylanor is at the top of my list for most liked characters out of the Horus Heresy novel series and I wanted to make sure my table top version looked presentable. When considering how I would paint him I consulted some of the references out of Vol I, Betrayal.


Dreadnought image out of Vol. I Betrayal
I was impressed with the lion etchings in the knee joint so I did some freehand work in an attempt to capture this image.










I added a brass etch laurel on the left arm to set Rylanor apart from the other contemptor dreadnought that I am near completion on.

Now that I have completed the last elements of my loyalist Emperor's Children I will begin working on the traitors. I've painted enough Emperor's Children at this point where I feel comfortable enough to get Fulgrim completed along with his Phoenix Guard retinue.





No comments:

Post a Comment