Search This Blog

Friday, February 20, 2015

Horus Heresy Project: Emperor's Children Assault Marines Completed

 

I have completed the next unit for my Horus Heresy Project, a unit of assault marines. One marine is equipped with a plasma pistol and I gave them some extra punch by upgrading the sergeant with a power fist. I typically wouldn't run this unit as I have traditionally used Rhinos with my marines, but I liked the relic style jump packs so much I felt compelled to include them.

With this unit completed I can start playing a combined arms detachment battle. My gaming group typically likes to run a force org style list and we haven't agreed to run unbound armies so now that I have the troops and HQ choice minimums filled I can move on the some heavy and elite choices for my next unit.


Image result for combined arms detachmentA combined arms detachment chart. This is what my gaming group is using for our Horus Heresy Escalation League.


Troops Choice- Legion Marine Squad of 10, nuncio vox and legion vexilla. Sergeant is equipped with a power weapon
Troops Choice- Legion Assault Marine Squad of 10, plasma pistol, Sergeant is equipped with a power fist
HQ Choice- Saul Tarvitz
 


In March I will test out this small force of loyalists to see if they are effective. My next goal is to get cracking at the traitor elements of the Emperor's Children, namely Lord Commander Eidolon and a unit of Kakophani.

No comments:

Post a Comment