Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2014

Emperor's Children Project Progress


Jeremie here giving an update on my Horus Heresy project. So far so good with the Emperor's Children paint scheme. I have been working on these for the last month along with some other projects (Dark Elves and Flames of War Soviets).

I decided to paint the armor with liche purple and highlighted with 50/50 emperor's children and liche purple. The base is done in a charcoal black basecoat followed by a heavy drybrush of graveyard earth and light drybrush of administratum grey. I opted to use decals for ease of not having to do freehand painting. I highly recommend using Microsol when applying decals since it softens them and makes application on curved surfaces much easier.

I expect the rest of the unit of 10 to be completed within 2 weeks which means I painted up 10 marines in a months time which is fairly good pacing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment