Search This Blog

Monday, July 13, 2015

Horus Heresy Project: Fulgrim the Illuminator Complete


I feel like a mini celebration is in order. I have completed the Emperor's Children Primarch after hours of meticulous detail work. After many months of waiting until I had painted up some other legion marines I thought the time was right to tackle Fulgrim. He will definitely be the centerpiece of my growing army.

 
 
At first I had completely assembled Fulgrim before painting. After making some progress I decided it would be better to partially disassemble in order to catch the details easier. 
 

I am a big fan of Vallejo paints and used the copper metallic as a basecoat for my gold. The purples are done using old Citadel Liche Purple which has just the right hue that I was looking for. Everything else on the paint conversion charts doesn't quite match exactly. I also applied a lot of washes on most of the model, the exception being the pteruges, the hair, and the feathers.


The Forge World Primarch's out of the character series are some of the most impressive models I have seen. I look forward to finally using one of these legendary characters in my army after years of wishing Games Workshop would make them playable.

No comments:

Post a Comment